giovedì 27 gennaio 2011

I could have gotten one more person

Schindler: I could have got more out. I could have got more. I don't know. If I'd just … I could have got more.
Stern: Oskar, there are eleven hundred people who are alive because of you. Look at them.
Schindler: If I'd made more money … I threw away so much money. You have no idea. If I'd just …
Stern: There will be generations because of what you did.
Schindler: I didn't do enough!
Stern: You did so much.
[Schindler looks at his car]
Schindler: This car. Goeth would have bought this car. Why did I keep the car? Ten people right there. Ten people. Ten more people.
[Removing Nazi pin from lapel]
Schindler: This pin. Two people. This is gold. Two more people. He would have given me two for it, at least one. One more person. A person, Stern. For this. I could have gotten one more person … and I didn't! And I … I didn't!



1 commento:

J. ha detto...

Questa cosa mi fa strozzare di lacrime ogni volta che la sento (o la leggo, come ora)
Me ne ricorda un'altra, che ci va vicino come anima secondo me. Ti ricordi alla fine di "Salvate il soldato Ryan", lui che dice che spera di essere una brava persona, piangendo? Ecco, un torcimento di budelle così. So che mi hai capita, my love.